Felt inspired in the garden this week to rally you all into flexing your green fingers to grow flowers and herbs to create sanctuary for your soul.
No time for excuses, even in the smallest of spaces inside at home you can grow pots of herbs or gorgeous house plants.
If you are fortunate enough to have an outdoor area like a balcony, terrace or garden then there’s a whole host of beautiful bedding plants, edible fruit and veg and flowers to decorate your space so that you can enjoy a living sanctuary.
Easy flowers for growing in the UK
- Bulbs (planted in the autumn): Hyacinth, Daffodil, Tulip, Muscari and Crocus.
- Violas and Pansies
- Sweet peas – get the scented type, it will remind you of your Grandma
- Calendula – fab for making infused calendula oil
- Field poppies
- Snap dragons
- Sun flowers
- Fever few (cute daisy like flowers)
- Oh my god this list is endless, I’ve got to stop or I’ll be here all day!
Great garden herbs for cooking and herbal tea for growing in the UK
- Chamomile (charming annual and does self seed)
- All the mints: peppermint, spearmint, chocolate mint, ginger mint etc.
- Thyme – many varieties including lemon thyme.
- Rosemary – my favourite companion in the garden.
- Sage – many varieties all beautiful and flavoursome for tea
- Lemon Balm – fabulous fragrance and lovely as a relaxing infusion.
- Basil and Coriander are both annuals and plants can easily be purchased at the super market.
Other garden must haves
Lavender and Roses are two plants that I simply can’t live without because of their beauty, requisite fragrance and general easy going nature. Best not to get me started on all the edible ones! The list of plants, herbs, trees and flowers that are close to my heart is endless. For you it will be the same.
Over and over I hear clients saying they are “no good with plants” and I just believe that’s a case of not finding the right plant at the right time in life. If that has been your experience then I urge you to try again. Growing is good for you and here’s why:
Let me know what your favourite flowers and herbs to grow are in the comments below.
Raise your Vibration with Plant Spirit Healing
Discover the Spirit of Plants in 5 easy steps. Access the guide below.