OK so here they are: My Top 10 Reasons to Learn Reiki
1.Personal Healing When you learn Reiki Level 1 you will be connected to Reiki energy for your life time. This means that whenever you need it for personal healing, relaxation and well-being then you’ve got it at your finger tips! In fact self-treatment everyday really is the whole point of Reiki. You can help yourself remain balanced, connected, relaxed and calm as you go through life with the support of Reiki. You can let it flow into all areas of your life and experience the changes that occur.
2. Open up to Love. Reiki is a fabulous self-development tool, it will help change your attitude to life! I have found Reiki helps me to become more self-aware and open me up to a healthier approach to life, relationships or challenges. The change is subtle, often gradual and usually unconscious but you will find friends and family take notice of the new you. The biggest shift can be opening up to LOVE. Reiki helps you to learn to love yourself more and also to love and respect others in a way that allows them to learn their lessons and never take you for granted.
3. Help prevent illness – With Reiki in your life you will feel the calming effects as you develop inner strength and become more balanced. Stress no longer has to rule your life and drain your immune system. Many other emotional and mental factors can also have a negative effect on your holistic health and well being over time. Through daily self-treatment with Reiki, you will help to replenish your vital energy levels, not only on a physical level but also on a mental, emotional and spiritual level which can help prevent the development of more serious physical symptoms.
4. Help family, friends and pets – Have you ever felt helpless when a family member or friend fell ill? The same benefits that you will feel from your connection with Reiki may also be experienced by any friends or family members (including pets and plants) that you choose to treat. This can be super beneficial for elderly relatives or family members and friends with long term illnesses or even those who are recovering from surgery. There is nothing more rewarding than being able to share your gift of healing helping someone dear to you who so desperately needs it and bringing happiness to their life. I treated my lovely dog Eddie with Reiki every day for 5 months after he was diagnosed with lymphoma. This was a really peaceful and loving experience for us to share together.
5. Get a fresh perspective on life – As you connect more and more to Reiki energy, you may open up to a new perspective on life. This may increase your curiosity for spiritual growth or simply help you to value the life that you have. Many Reiki Level 1 students feel excited to be connected to Universal Energy and have a renewed vigour and zest for life that leads them on a spiritual path with infinite possibility.
6. Become less selfish – As you learn the principles of Reiki and connect with the energy, you learn the value of exchange. Giving and receiving and energy exchange are key to working with Reiki. This may help you to re-evaluate certain areas of your life, appreciate what you do have, be more generous and think of others. Gratitude is the attitude!
7. Become more respectful of Mother Earth – One of the Reiki precepts reminds us to be grateful for every living thing. When they learn Reiki many of my Reiki students use Reiki to connect with plants and other living creatures to give back healing energy to our Earth. This in turn helps raise the vibration of our green spaces and neighbourhoods so the overall effect is life changing.
8. Get spiritual, feel guided, find a purpose – Ever had that feeling there is something missing in your life but you can’t pin point what it is? Reiki will helps you when you are feeling lost, since Reiki re-connects you to your higher self, you know, the real you which only comes out when you are feeling safe, confident, calm and strong. By re-establishing this relationship with your higher self you will become more intuitive and empowered with a sense of yourself and your life purpose.
9. Reiki is simple and easy to learn – Anyone can learn Reiki if they are willing! It’s simple to learn and can be learnt in a fun weekend workshop where you can meet other wonderful shining souls. There is no exam or paper to write, you can start working with the energy immediately and following your attunement the Reiki energy will be with you forever. You only need to practice, practice, practice.
10. Raise the vibration of your food and drink – You can send Reiki to everything! It’s easy to use Reiki to send a blast of healing energy to your food and drink, either as you are cooking or just before you eat. This can help increase the vitality of your food to give you more access to nutrients and energy for a healthier life.